Thursday, August 13, 2009

One or Eighteen

Dear Lucia,
You know, you're getting pretty old. You've grown up so much. I can't believe all the things you can do now. It's really quite impressive how far you've come since that first day I held you in my arms.

That said, I think it's time we cut the apron strings. You are old enough to go out on your own. You don't need us to hold your hand anymore, Lucia. You can do it on your own.

Soon, it will be your birthday. It will be time for you to grow up a little more and to take more responsibility for yourself. It's time to take those steps.

As you take those first steps, remember that they're baby steps. Don't go too far or too fast. You could have a bad fall. Take your time and plan each step carefully.

Of course, when you inevitably fall, your mother and I will be there. We'll help you back up, kiss you where it hurts, and send you on your way. Good luck.

Love,
Dad

P.S. - My back's killing me!

No comments: